Our experts are knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of ocean cargo freight shipping. We will arrange for pick-up, packing, crating, and shipping to just about anywhere on the planet! We can ship to all government approved countries.
For the convenience of our customers, stars ocean line offers both full container load (FCL) and less-than-container load (LCL) shipping options. LCL shipping involves sharing container space with other consignees who are shipping cargo, while FCL shipping allows you to reserve an ISO-standard container for your cargo exclusively.
Containers are available in several different sizes. The most common choices are 20’ long x 8’ wide x 8 ½‘ high and 40’ long x 8’ wide x 8 ½‘ high, but there are longer and taller containers available as well. It is also possible to reserve a refrigerated, flat rack or open top, and ‘heavy tested’ container to fit unusually shaped or specialty cargo. At stars ocean line, we can locate and reserve the type of container that will best suit your products.
In most cases, consignees choose FCL transport when they have enough cargo to fill an entire shipping container. However, some people choose to reserve an entire container even if their cargo will not completely fill it. There are several reasons you may want to choose FCL for your cargo.
Benefits of Using FCL Include:
- Cost-Effective Shipping for Large Loads: Shipping rates are typically lower for FCL than LCL, making this the most economical choice for large loads (typically defined as 12 or more pallets).
- Easier Tracking: Because your FCL freight is all in one place, it’s easy to track it as it travels from port to port.
- Better Security: LCL shipments usually require more points along the transport chain; for example, a container may need to pass through a consolidation center where additional cargo is added. FCL is more secure because there are fewer stops and fewer shipping agents opening the container.
- Goods Will Arrive Together: With FCL, all the goods in your order will arrive together, which can make the unpacking and transfer process faster.
- Faster Unloading Time: Because your FCL is under the account of just one carrier and one consignee, customs can usually process the transaction relatively quickly using the bill of lading. Once the cargo has been processed, it can be unloaded and will continue on to its final destination.